Most marketers think they know their brand. To help you find out whether you know yours, we’ve developed something we call the MAT. It’s short for Marketing Aptitude Test. In the spirit of making your marketing stronger, see how well you score on questions like these:
- What do you know about the perceptions of your customers toward your product or service and the category in which it operates?
- Who is your primary target audience and why?
- Are there trends indicating shifts in the target audience definition?
- What is your brand’s essential point of difference?
a. Why is it a compelling difference?
b. Is it truly different from competitive positioning?
- What are the reasons for anyone to believe your stated point of difference?
- What are your marketing strategies (not tactics) to drive growth?
- What is the most efficient way to reach your audience?
Now, for the most important question of all, “Is your ad agency partner asking you these questions?” If not, perhaps you should be asking yourself whether or not you have the right agency. After all, you can’t provide the right answers unless you’re asked the appropriate questions. To find out more email Glen Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 227-8006.