A strategic refresh of your brand can make all the difference in keeping your product or service relevant. It can even introduce it to a whole new set of consumers. To counter the market’s “commodity” perception, ask yourself and your marketing team these essential questions:
- Are you talking to the right audience? Is there another audience you might want to consider or test?
- Do you need a new story? Perhaps test some different approaches?
- Is there a different way to think about the product or service? Consider the age-old example of increasing soup sales by promoting it as a cooking ingredient.
- Could a minor modification to your product or service add sufficient value to change perceptions?
- What about a “re-package” to better dramatize the brand? Beer and soft drink products frequently employ this tactic.
- Have you listened to your customers and former customers lately? How do they really perceive your brand versus the alternatives? Don’t rely on reports exclusively filtered through the sales department. Go directly to your market for some straight answers.
If you suspect that your brand may suffer from sameness and could use a refresh, let’s talk. We’d be happy to share our 25+ years’ of re-branding expertise.