No doubt, you’ll have many criteria to examine in the selection of an ad agency. But there’s one key credential you may be overlooking. To make your search easier and to ensure a successful outcome, you need to ask prospective agencies this all-important question:
“Is your agency a member of the 4A’s?”
Agencies that belong to the 4A’s (short for American Association of Advertising Agencies) have distinct advantages that non-members can’t match. Some of them are subtle. Others are quite meaningful. Those differences include:
- 4A’s agencies have access to information resources such as on-demand research, continually and quickly available.
- 4A’s members meet rigorous qualifications for longevity, stability, ethics and service reputation.
- 4A’s members subscribe to the highest creative and business standards and, generally speaking, attract the most well informed professionals.
- 4A’s members are able to obtain guidelines on all marketing communications disciplines.
Currently, some 13,075 U.S. organizations claim to be advertising agencies. So how do you handle the overwhelming task of determining which of these so-called agencies best matches your needs? The answer isn’t likely to be found only through an online search. Without a detailed background check, there’s simply no way to tell which of your search results are genuinely legitimate ad agencies.
Once again, the 4A’s has done the legwork for you with a free, easy-to-use agency search tool. Just go to aaaa.org and click “Agency Search” on the top menu bar. Once you’ve entered your search criteria, you’ll get a list of member agencies that meet not only your requirements, but also the strict requirements for 4A’s membership detailed above.
Focusing on 4A’s membership quickly brings your selection challenge down to:
- 680 respected agency brands in the U.S.
- 11 general advertising agency brands in the state of Florida
- A greatly narrowed list of two qualified agencies in Tampa Bay